
Dom in Dorothy's house during the tornado!!!

Dom following the yellow brick road...

...look who else he ran in to!

The flowers are making him sleepy...

Dom at the Hallmark visitor center...what a cool place to visit!!!

Dom pushing the button to make a bow...

Ta Da!!! The bow he made! So cool...you get to watch the bow get made right before your eyes!

Dom painted a fish at Kaleidoscope!
Dom had spring break last week from school. He enjoyed his vacation and we took full advantage of it! He still wanted to go to his 'daycare' (the before and after school program at his school) a few of the days since they went to Chuck E. Cheese and lots of other cool places. They also had a St. Patty's day carnival, a 'Fun Run', and did a nature walk and collected bugs. I couldn't compete with ALL of that!
Friday was one of the days Dom wanted to stay home. Herm works from home on Friday's so I wanted to get Dom out of the house for awhile so he wouldn't bother him. We went to Crown Center, which is an awesome shopping center in downtown KC. I love it for many reasons, but mainly because they have TONS of stuff for kiddos there and the BEST things are FREE!!!
They have a new exhibit come to town every few months and the current one is "70 years of The Wizard of Oz" which is SO pretty and fun for kids! They have little mazes, old artifacts, activities, and it's like your really in 'Oz'. Dom has such a great imagination so he loved this. I took TONS of pictures in it but couldn't really justify uploading fifty pics of just that. LOL!
Next we went to the 'Hallmark Visitor Center'. I had never been there before but we had some time to kill before our Kaleidoscope session started so we went. It was fun for both Dom and I! Each kid got a 'passport' to stamp at each stop. This kept Dom occupied and entertained while I looked and read up on all the history of Hallmark. I LOVED it!
Following that we went to Kaleidoscope, which is a GREAT for kids. Hallmark uses a lot of its leftover paper, stickers, decorations, paint, and anything else they have and kids get to go wild with their imaginations. He loves it each time we go. He played and made all sorts of artwork, my favorite being this fish I posted a picture of. He took his time and put a lot of time and effort into it. Once he was done painting it he put it in the 'dryer'. You put the fish in one end and then go wait at the other end for it to come out dry and ready to go. So fun! He also made a picture for Herm (he felt bad that he couldn't come with us), which he then put through the puzzle machine. It's so cool! It cuts whatever you make into a cute little puzzle. Herm, of course, was very pleased with it.
Crown Center also has a great kid diner called 'Fritz's'. It's train themed and you call on a phone that's at your table to place your order. A little train then delivers your food to you! So cute! Dom loves to eat there!!!
Hope you enjoyed our little adventure. I am really trying to expose Dom to lots of different things to get him away from the T.V. and Wii!!! His love for music (singing, dancing, playing, writing it), playing outside, and even going to the library with me for hours at a time makes it pretty easy! I love him and am blessed to have him as my son.
Xoxo and many blessings,
Shaun












1 comment:
Awwwww!!! He looks like he's loving his spring break! You're such a great mommy.
Post a Comment