Hey Everyone!!!
I just started the 'Body for Life' challenge and am pretty excited about it so wanted to share it with all of you. I am in my best friend's wedding on June 27th and really want to enjoy the day and NOT feel ashamed of how I look. I am not doing this for the wedding alone, but that is helping me to stayed focused and commit to the 12 weeks. It has been a LONG time since I have been able to do that!!! About four years.
I found out about this challenge through several friends I used to cheer with on Chiefs. If I hadn't heard their testimonies I would have never believed the 'before' and 'after' pictures I saw after just 12 weeks!!!
I am tired of being unhappy with how I look. It consumes way too much of my time and it's silly. I am finally going to DECIDE to change and make more healthier decisions. If I can do something about it, what use is it for me to whine and complain to my family and friends? I found a copy of the 'Body for Life' book at the library right across the street from us! I also got the 'Champions Body for Life' book...it is about people that have won the challenge and gives tips on how they succeeded and stayed focus.
The book does not give you a magic potion...there is a lot of healthy eating and excercising involved...however, the book DOES give wonderful words of advice and amazing stories that inspire you to WANT to complete the challenge. It talks about how the challenge can not only change your body, but also your LIFE. It really inspired me to be more positive and to give myself more credit. I deserve to have a healthy body and I should want to do this for myself so that I can be a good role model to Dom and those that I love. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS and I am excited to gain my confidence back and just be able to LIVE again without worrying about how tight my jeans are or how big my belly is. I want to go swimming again and focus on swimming not how fat I must look.
Today was day 2 of my 83 day journey. I have friends going on this journey with me and my cousin!!! Their support helps so much!!! My last day of the challenge will be June 14th and I am SO excited for it!!! I have written out all of my goals and dreams that I wish to achieve and get out of this challenge. My dream list is LONG and filled with simple dreams like, 'I want to wear a tight shirt', 'I want to be able to sit without my pants leaving marks on my stomache (since they are so tight!!!)'. I want to have dinner with my friends and focus on THEM, not 'is what I'm wearing covering up my arms and stomache enough'. I want my long skinny legs back. I want to wear shirts that show my arms again! I want to be proud to be me again. I am not focused on being a certain weight...I just want to be healthy, tight, and toned. I want to be HAPPY again.
My calendar is taped to the bathroom wall and Dom is even excited to help me get through this journey! Oh, and I get one free day each week to eat whatever I want...Amen to that!!!
If you would like to check out some of the success stories or see what the challenge is all about visit: www.bodyforlife.com
Love you all!!! Xoxo,
Shaun
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment